On 19 April 2016, HMRC introduced some of the most
significant changes to CIS legislation in years including:- You
must now submit returns online
- You must re-submit returns for any period that you've amended
(due to a mistake or change)
- There is a new online appeals process and
- Nil CIS returns are no longer mandatory
From April 2017, the UK Government are planning to announce further
changes including compulsory online verification of subcontractors.
The new Sage 50 CIS Module makes handling invoices and payments
to subcontractors quick and easy. It is fully compliant with the
latest legislation changes and CIS returns can be submitted online
to HMRC in just a few clicks. It is also simple to correct any errors
- Comply with the latest regulations and get guaranteed cover for
- Seamless processing and submission of your CIS returns direct
to HMRC in just a few clicks.
- Amend and resubmit at the touch of a button.
- Easily enter batch supplier transactions.
- Quick and easy processing of sub-contractors invoices and payments
- increase your CIS submission speed by up to 25 hours* per month!
(*Average time calculated based on a business processed 10 subcontractors
transactions over the course of a month with monthly return calculation
and submitting online.)
- All your CIS transactions safely stored and recorded in one place
- Record the right information and ensure you deduct the correct
- Automatically produce your monthly sub-contractor payment statements.
- Sage have also got updates coming soon to simplify how you record
Part Payments and will make sure new legislation is covered.
In a nutshell Sage 50 CIS will help save time and effort in complying
with the monthly procedures required for anyone employing sub-contractors
in the construction industry. It's a no-brainer really and one to
just get on with especially if you already use Sage 50 Accounts